currently researching african animation : interested in compiling a database of practitioners in various sub-saharan countries : welcome any postings from practitioners

Monday, April 29, 2013

resources for discussions on African animation.... IMAGINAFRIK






IMAGINAFRIK is a great online resource/ community of individuals interested, talking about and making African animation. Whilst it is mostly in French, google translate does a good job of translating to the relevant language of your choice. The discussions in the forum are varied from South Africa to Burkina Faso, in places with inserted videos to watch. Its a treasure trove of topical discussions and worth exploring...



a little discovery made somewhere in the trails of discussions...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

H,

I'm currently in my second year of an undergraduate degree in animation.

We're beginning to choose our dissertation topics, and I'm interested in looking at the topic of African animation, particularly South African, such as where it fits in with the global market, how are they retaining their cultural identity etc.

You seem somewhat of an expert on this topic! I was hoping you might have some advice or some resources you could share?

I notice you're in London. I'm currently studying at Ravensbourne College of Design and Communication in Greenwich. I'd really love to talk about this at some point.

Anyway, thank you for reading. I'm sure your blog will be really useful!

Blanaid